Thursday, January 13, 2011

Quotes from Oswald Chambers

From
“Abandoned To God”
By David McCasland


I see a hand they cannot see which beckons me away.

But I do not know where to go, the blackness of darkness is before me and there is no
way, but still the great passion grows within me to preach Christ and will soon be an
agony and I must soon cry “Woe is me if I preach not the gospel of Christ.”
Every prospect of work has now been withdrawn and I have not one thing to look
to –but God. And is that not enough? If this is indeed the spirit of Almighty God
striving within me, He will speedily open the door, I will not fear.
Page 60




Pray for me that the Spirit of God will fill me to the drowning of self and the exalting of Jesus.
Pages 60-61




I want to tell you a growing conviction with me, and that is that as we obey the leadings of the
Spirit of God, we enable God to answer the prayers of other people. I mean that our lives,
my life, is the answer to someone’s prayer, prayed perhaps centuries ago. It is more and
more impossible to me to have programs and plans because God alone has the plan, and
our plans are only apt to hinder Him, and make it necessary for Him to break them up. I have
the unspeakable knowledge that my life is the answer to prayers, and that God is blessing me
and making me a blessing entirely of His sovereign grace and nothing to do with my merits,
saving as I am bold enough to trust His leading and not the dictates of my own wisdom and
common sense. The sense of my Father has been wonderful lately. The access in prayer
is so ineffably sweet and natural, I am just flooded with a deep settled peace in my soul.
That is the great message to my heart these months.

Pages 109-110

No comments:

Post a Comment