Friday, January 7, 2011

Answered Prayer

As I was growing up, I recall hearing a story of farmers who were going through a drought. They decided to meet one evening at the church and pray for rain. As they began to arrive, one man had an umbrella under his arm. The others began to laugh and taunt him. He simply stated “we came to pray for rain didn’t we?”
As they were inside praying, they heard a rumbling. When they stepped outside, the sky was dark and they could see lightening flashes in the distance. They all began running home, well, except for the one who had brought his umbrella.

I always wanted to have faith as this man. I wanted to trust God that when I prayed, my thoughts and actions would be proof that I expected to see God answer my prayer.
There is a passage of scripture (one of many) that tells of the disciples coming to Jesus and seeking His help only to be amazed at His answer.

Mark 4:37-41
37 And a great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling. 38 But He was in the stern, asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, “Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?”
39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace, be still!” And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. 40 But He said to them, “Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith?” 41 And they feared exceedingly, and said to one another, “Who can this be, that even the wind and the sea obey Him!”

Let us began to expect Him to answer our prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment