Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Quite An Exciting Time

This weekend I had the privilege of attending my nephew’s wedding.
Family gathered from across the nation. People who didn’t know each other, as well as those who did, but had not seen one another in ages converged in a state park in Tennessee. Most of us stayed in cabins. It was beautiful.

It was quite different from most weddings I have attended. It was held in an old, stone and wood beam building (I thought resembled a castle) in the woods.
The groom wore a black tux with tails and the bride wore a beautiful white dress. The groomsmen wore black tuxes with tails, and the bridesmaids wore black dresses. The music was performed by a soloist with acoustic guitar accompaniment. The groom’s father read out of Proverbs and a Scottish writing
(I believe a poem).

When the minister had them turn to one another and read statements they had written to one another, the bride teared up and the love she had for this man was abundantly obvious. I had seen that same look in him as she had walked down the aisle.

At the reception, the groom entered with a top hat, white gloves and a cane.  Of course he had his beaming bride on his arm. There was indeed much celebration.

As I consider this wedding and all the joy, I did not dwell on the painful areas of my life. No, I was so elated with happiness over this event, I kinda forgot that elsewhere there was suffering and pain. I didn’t think about the struggles I would face next week, or the house payment and other bills that I have to pay. It was like I was caught up in the moment and all was happiness.

There may be other weddings I attend, Some may even seem grander. But I know there is coming a wedding soon that will have no equal. The best part is, it will have no end.


5 Then a voice came from the throne, saying, “Praise our God, all you His servants and those who fear Him, both small and great!”
6 And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, saying, “Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns! 7 Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.” 8 And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
9 Then he said to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!’” And he said to me, “These are the true sayings of God.” –Revelation 19:5-9

You have an invitation; why not RSVP right now?

.

No comments:

Post a Comment