Tuesday, February 1, 2011

God and Computers

I have a computer. I know many things about my computer. I know what brand it is; I know what model; I even know how to use it; well, partially. I must confess, I am not the most computer savvy person. I can see my computer and do many things with it, but I have absolutely no idea how it works. I know it has a processor, hard-drive etc., but I cannot explain how these parts actually function. How so much information can be stored on a tiny little piece of plastic and wires, no bigger than a finger nail boggles my mind. I could say, well, because I can’t see how it works nor do I understand it, I won’t believe in it. Would that make it  so? Of course not, it would make me ignorant.

We see the world around us. We see animals and plants, air (which we cannot see) and water. We get sick and believe we have a virus or a bacterial infection, although we can’t see them. We accept all these things and we believe whether we understand them or not.

What about God? We see the handy work of His creation. In recent years we have learned about DNA and our own unique genetic codes. We have been able to see things in the universe never seen by human eye before. We seek to know more and explain these things through scientific study.

How can we see and experience all of the wonder that surrounds us and not accept that none of these things are by random chance? A computer did not just evolve by random chance. An automobile did not evolve by random chance. The human body did not evolve by random chance. Consider the human eye.    Neither did life evolve by random chance.

No, all that we see is created. Complicated, amazing, and all things working in unison to co-exist, benefiting one another. A well oiled machine, so to speak.
Just as if I didn’t believe in a computer, or believe that it was created to work the way it does, does not make it so.

As I consider all the great and amazing things I see, I cannot help but “KNOW” that these things were created by something, or someone greater than I. I don’t have to understand it, I just know some things about it, and I accept the most plausible explanation; “God created!”


 4 For You, LORD, have made me glad through Your work; I will triumph in the works of Your hands. 5 O LORD, how great are Your works! Your thoughts are very deep. 6 A senseless man does not know, nor does a fool understand this. –Psalm 92:4-6

8 “ For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD. 9 “ For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts. –Isaiah 55:8-9

.

No comments:

Post a Comment