Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"I Did It My Way"


I read the following posted by a friend on Facebook this morning:

Dear Santa,

[  ]  I’ve been good this year.

[  ]  Ok, most of the time.

[  ]  Once in awhile.

[X]  Nevermind, I’ll buy my own presents.


I thought this was funny and quite clever. Then the thought occurred to me,
what if this was addressed to God?

Dear God,

[  ]  I’ve been good in this life.

[  ]  Ok, most of the time.

[  ]  Once in awhile.

[X]  Nevermind, I’ll find my own way of salvation.


This is neither funny nor clever; it’s sad, and unfortunately it happens everyday.
People are trying to get to heaven by their own means and this will never happen.


 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”  -Romans 3:23

 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” -Romans 6:23

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. –Romans 5:8

If you are trying to find your own way, I beg you, consider what the Lord says.
As we celebrate this season, think about God’s perfect gift to mankind, Christ Jesus. He died for your sins so you don’t have to.

If you have questions or need someone to talk to, please feel free to contact me or talk to your pastor. This decision is much to important to put off another day.

God bless~

No comments:

Post a Comment