Sunday, April 11, 2021

Jesus’ Return

 

Have you ever heard someone going through bad times say, “Come now Lord!” or, regarding the sin of others say, “Well, I guess they’ll find out when they get to hell!”

It’s sad isn’t it?

When I hear Christians say things like this, I wonder how they can say these things when there are so many unsaved around us. What if Jesus had this attitude towards us? What if He cared for us the way they care for family members, friends, neighbors, and others who are not saved?  

While we are commanded to keep looking up, anxiously awaiting His return for the church (the rapture), what would He have us do in the meantime?

I think we can find out clearly in Matthew 28:19-20, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”  

I don’t know about you, but I have many loved ones who may not be saved. While I look forward to the day I stand in His presence, I hope to reach as many of the lost as I can. I want to see them there as much as I want to be there myself.

I pity those who are so unloving that they say such things without any concern for the lost.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment